One of the biggest reasons to visit Denver, Colorado is because of the incredible scenery that surrounds the city. With the Rocky Mountains located close by, there are a ton of different ways to enjoy the beauty and majesty of the world around you. Below are some of the most beautiful places to visit in the area:
1. Rocky Mountain National Park. Even though this national park is located about an hour and a half out of Denver, it is definitely worth the drive. The scenery in the park is absolutely breathtaking. Whether you get out and hike around or simply drive through the park, few parts of the country offer quite as much natural beauty. Don’t forget to bring a camera and some binoculars.
2. The Denver Botanic Gardens. If you are looking for a beautiful place to visit that is a little bit closer to the city, the Denver Botanic Gardens should definitely be included on your list. Covering 24 acres, these gardens offer visitors a chance to view a variety of plants in a beautifully landscaped setting. Various sculptures and art pieces are scattered throughout the area, bringing a touch of culture into the space.
3. Red Rocks Amphitheater. Located approximately 10 miles outside of Denver, this unique natural amphitheater is one of the most beautiful places to enjoy a concert in the world. The stage is surrounded by natural rock formations that create a one-of-a-kind setting. The amphitheater isn’t the only attraction in this area, however. You can also explore Red Rocks Park, which is an open area around the amphitheater that also has amazing rock formations. There are trails through the area that you can hike or bike on, making it a lot of fun to visit.
4. The Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge. If you want to see beautiful creatures in their natural surroundings, a visit to this wildlife refuge is in order. The refuge, which is located about 8 miles outside of Denver, features a number of different animal species including bison, coyotes, deer, eagles, and other creatures that are native to the local area. Being able to see the animals up close surrounded by the beauty of nature makes this a fun and memorable experience.
These are some of the most beautiful places to visit in the Denver, Colorado area. If you are planning a visit, be sure to leave time in your schedule to check all of these places out.
Denver, known as the Mile High City is rapidly building a reputation as one of the most vibrant cities in Colorado. there are numerous activities such as museums, cultural attractions and some of the best opportunities to enjoy clean, fresh air in the unspoiled outdoors that are on offer anywhere in the United Sates. However, there is another side to Denver that has both locals and visitors to the city flocking out when the sun goes down. That is the incredible bar scene in this friendly Colorado city.
There are such a large number of great bars in Denver that making a choice of where to spend a fun filled evening can be challenging. However, if you have your heart set on an evening at a fantastic watering hole then here are some great choices to keep in mind.
1. The Family Jones Spirit House.
This is a wonderful destination that really does have something to offer almost everyone. The combination distillery, bar and dining destination makes everything in house – that goes for the spirits that are on offer as the base for a marvelous array of cocktails to the great menu items. Try the avocado daiquiri. The venue also offers guided tours of the distillery. If you are in the mood for a meal then the duck leg confit is certainly worth trying.
2. Williams and Graham.
This is possibly Denver’s most well known cocktail bar – and stepping into the wood paneled room and taking a seat at the bar where a friendly bar person waits to get to know you a little better it is no wonder that it remains so popular. This a bar that simply oozes charm. It is not all bright lights and modern minimalism – it’s the sort of place where you take a seat and feel the worries of the world slide from your shoulders. The cocktail menu begs to be explored.
3. My Brother’s Bar.
When personalities from the beat generation such as authors Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac were once regulars you get the feeling that this bar must be something a bit special – and you’d be right. Great local color and some classic American pub fare, as well as a varied selection of drinks makes it the perfect place to sit back and watch the world go by.
The Denver bar scene simply has something for everyone. Whether you are in the mood for that classic dive bar experience or want to sip a champagne cocktail rubbing shoulders with the glitterati – Denver has the right venue for you.